.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

High School Flashback

When I was in Birmingham, my old high school happened to call my mom and ask her to pick up some things that my brother had failed to take care of. My mom thought it would be nice for me to visit my old alma mater so we headed over there. The school was completely moved and rebuilt the year after I graduated. So the building held no nostalgia. But one of my social studies teachers, who also was the school counselor, and led us on a national competition to Washington, DC, is the assistant principal there now. She has an outstanding memory and every time she sees my parents, she always asks about me.

We walked into the office, and it took her about two seconds to recognize me. I was blown away - we are talking about someone who hasn't seen me in 11 years. It was really nice to see her and chat with her for a few minutes. I told her how I always laud the excellent education I received in (gasp!) Alabama.

2 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a teacher, to be able to rememeber someone so quickly after all that time.

 
At August 17, 2006 12:51 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sara -
She really is an incredible teacher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home