.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Choose a Wise Self-Image

I'm a big Rabbi Pliskin fan, having met him while I was in Israel a number of years ago and seeing that he truly does live what he teaches. I get his "Daily Lift" from Aish.com.

Today's was excellent:

Self-image is how you view yourself. In reality it is easy to view yourself the way others view you. But ultimately it is you who selects which view you will accept. Some people access the view of negative individuals and make it their own. This is not a wise choice. Select the views of those who realize you are created in the Almighty’s image, you are a child of the Creator, and the world was created for you. Why settle for anything less? And make certain that the one individual whose opinion makes the most difference in your life views you in this way. That person is you.

I was just having a discussion the other day with a friend about how there are few confident women, and when you meet one, it can sometimes be intimidating, which I think is a real shame. Anyway, Rabbi Pliskin is certainly on the mark with this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home