.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Accents

After all of my travels for the holidays, I finally am starting to feel like I am settling in and feelink like New Jersey is becoming home. But I am still not used to the accents here! I sit at my desk listening to my co-workers, and I still find the way they talk highly amusing. I guess they probably the way I talk is amusing though. I just found out the other night, than in addition to Thanksgiving, I also say the word insurance differently (because it's not wrong, it's just different, despite what the dictionary says).

Oh, but I did learn that the word "reckon" is used not only in the South, but in England as well. Seems as if England and Alabama have more than just Birmingham in common!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home