.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Blue Fingernails

I was on the phone last night for a long time. I have a habit of doing more than one thing at once, so while talking, I absentmindedly decided to paint my fingernails. When I paint my nails, I usually take some time trying to determine which color I am in the mood for. Because I was preoccupied with my phone conversation, I kind of just plucked the color out of my bag that grabbed my attention the quickest and started painting. When I was about half-done, I looked down and realized that my nails were electric blue.

I realize that electric blue is not a normative color for fingernails, and I am grateful for the fact that I work in a super-casual office. While my office is super-casual, my blue nails have been commented on several times this morning, thankfully in an amused tone, rather than condescending one (my co-workers have good humor). I usually reserve blue for summer, when I feel the need to break out and have a little more fun. Oh well, maybe this is my way of protesting the impending cold that I feel already descending upon this northern city I have moved myself to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home