.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Final Thoughts from Morrie

I braved the ending of "Tuesdays with Morrie," and am very glad that I did.

I find this outlook from Morrie very similar to my own:

"'Here's what I mean by building your own little subculture,' Morrie said. "I don't mean you disregard every rule of your community. I don't go around naked, for example. I don't run through red lights. The little things, I can obey. But the big things - how we think, what we value - those you must choose yourself. You can't let anyone - or any society - determine those for you.'"


Another great quote on love:

"As long as we can love each other, and remember the feeling of love we had, we can die without ever really going away. All the love you created is still there. All the memories are still there. You live on - in the hearts of everyone you have touched and nurtured while you were here....Death ends a life, not a relationship."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home