.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Eventful Tuesday

Yesterday was my second-to-last week at my internship. Next week, we have an orientation to do, so the schedule will be a little weird, so the guidance department decided to celebrate my graduation and completion of my internship yesterday. The bought me a cake and a card and sang to me! It was completely and totally unexpected and so incredibly kind of them. I even teared up a little bit.

I was also really pleased and proud of myself when the Director of Guidance took me aside and told me she would love to have me on staff there. They won't have a position this coming year, but the following year they will - and she wrote down her home and cell phone numbers for me, along with her email address and made me promise to keep in touch so that she could try to bring me on board the next year. She even told me that out of the three interns she had this past year, I was the only one she wanted to hire; that she had seen how good I am with the students and she really wanted me to be part of the team. It really made me feel good to get such feedback.

After my internship, it was time for an International Blogger Meet-Up. Sarah is in town all the way from Down Under, so we trekked into Manhattan together, begged random shopowners for quarters to pay for parking, walked around, and chilled out in Central Park. We then met with Ezzie, Irina, Diana, and SaraK for a lovely blogger dinner where very little blogging was actually mentioned.

It was a fun, great, full day.

7 Comments:

At May 07, 2008 10:11 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

We then met with Ezzie, Irina, Diana, and SaraK for a lovely blogger dinner where very little blogging was actually mentioned.

Seeee!? :)

 
At May 07, 2008 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>where very little blogging was actually mentioned

you were not yotsei the mitzva and therefore you must do it over. At least one hour of blogging talk is mandated according to halacha

 
At May 07, 2008 10:36 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Bloggers can be normal too! (Although levels of normalcy are debatable)

Shoshana, thanks for organizing last night! It was really fun.

 
At May 07, 2008 10:43 PM, Blogger Erachet said...

The blogger meet-up sounds like fun! :D

 
At May 08, 2008 12:10 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Yes, it was definitely a lot of fun! And the food was great : ).

 
At May 08, 2008 2:28 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Ah, but you didn't get to hang out at Cafe Eilat. ;) Sounds like fun.

 
At May 08, 2008 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aryeh: well i'll be around queens this shabbos so i can make up an hour of blog talk there. lol.

was great to meet you all :) and three stars to u shoshana for driving into town!

jack - next time they can all come to LA :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home