.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Random Things

I must say I am quite happy that Pesach is over and I can eat like a normal person again. Good thing it's only one week a year. I'm also very happy to announce that I wasn't nearly as sick for the last days as I was for the first days. I made it to all my meals this time and enjoyed very much.

My Jamaican Rastafarian co-worker brought me a beautiful haggadah this morning that he found being sold recently. I thought he was just bringing it to show it to me, but he gave it to me! So thoughtful, I think it will be my haggadah of choice in the coming year.

From Princess D, I took this typing test and got 90 words a minute! Woo Hoo! (I'm not sure if I could duplicate that result.) Try it for yourself:

90 words

Speedtest



I'm back to school tonight after a little break. Not so incredibly happy about it, but I only have two weeks left until I graduate! I can't believe it!

4 Comments:

At April 28, 2008 1:57 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Your co-workers are really so sweet

 
At May 02, 2008 12:35 AM, Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Interesting. I never learned to type properly, but I feel like I peck with my two fingers pretty quickly. According to the test I type 33 words a minute. That sounds slow - especially compared to your 90. But's it's much faster than when i first started and had no clue where the keys were. I think when i'm typing from my head it's a good deal quicker than when I'm copying words that are unfamiliar and barely make sense as in that test.

 
At May 05, 2008 2:00 AM, Blogger Bas~Melech said...

EEEYAAARRRR!!! I couldn't resist.... always thought I was a fast typist, but I'm not near 90. Honestly, though, it makes a difference to me if what I'm typing makes sense, and the words don't keep disappearing.

Oh, alright...
57. :-p

Now I'm out of breath. That was fun.

 
At May 05, 2008 2:03 AM, Blogger Bas~Melech said...

Oh, and I refuse to believe that "Indian" is one of the "most used english words" ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home