.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So Interesting

I have a co-worker who is from Jamaica, who is a Rastafarian. But he knows a ton of stuff about different religions. And he really likes the desserts I make, so I bring them in to share with him. This morning, two interesting things occurred in relation to him. The first was that he brought me Yogi tea with echinacea because I was telling him the other day that I keep getting sick and need something to boost my immune system. The other really interesting thing is that he and his wife had a baby girl this weekend. And they chose to name her Binah, which is Hebrew for "understanding." Which, when I told him, he already knew and that was why he chose that name. He then explained to me the idea of chochmah and binah and said he's always wanted to name his daughter that.

3 Comments:

At February 19, 2008 10:39 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

How interesting! Cool

 
At February 19, 2008 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. Did he bring you rasta brownies too?

 
At February 20, 2008 7:37 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

I'm suprising YOU knew what binah meant.

kidding, kidding

 

Post a Comment

<< Home