.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Brain = Mush

I have been studying a decent amount for my big exam on Friday. I now have group counseling theories rattling off the tip of my tongue at any random moment, somewhat incoherent mumblings about psychosocial stages of development being regurgitated during my morning commute, harassment-bordering conversations with friends who just want to tell me how they are doing and end up in a completely informal therapy session, and scarily accurate dreams about the ABC theory of cognitive impairment. Yikes! And I still need to focus on my multicultural proficiencies and theories of cultural identity development. Did that make sense? Scarily enough, it did to me. I guess I have learned a few things in the last three years.

In other news - two wine-related anecdotes. I went to buy a bottle of wine yesterday and I got carded! The woman actually asked me for ID and made me show it to her. That hasn't happened in a while. [Related incident that just happened - my co-worker just accused me of trying to look like my high school students because I have my hair in a pony tail. I just wanted to get my hair out of my face.] Then, later, I was giving a random chick a ride to her destination, and I had wine glasses that I recently purchased still sitting in my car. The random chick asked me what they were for. Kinda confused (but apparently not as confused as she was), I explained that they were for drinking wine.

And my office is excellent at making me feel needed (which I sometimes doubt). One of my coworkers left me a stack of papers that needed to be copied on my desk from yesterday. It was a moderately complex copy job - double-sided and stapled - so it took four or five clicks to program the job. I handed them to her when she got in, and she explained to me that she had tried to do it by herself the day before, but she couldn't figure it out. So she decided to wait for me. It feels good to be needed.

2 Comments:

At January 30, 2008 1:38 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Good luck on the exam.
I also got carded recently - it was the best feeling!

 
At January 30, 2008 5:42 PM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

good luck with your exam.

i like that you are prepared for celebratory drinks after.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home