.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Blog Blah

Haven't had a whole lot to post - it's been a fairly boring week actually, which I'm not complaining about, since next week is back to school and an insanely packed schedule that is even more overwhelming than my typical semester.

I did go back to my internship this week and it was nice to be reunited with my students. I really like them :) I got a brief education on the gangs present at the school this week. But I'm not wearing a bullet-proof vest yet.

I booked a trip to Alabama for late February - it's been a year since I've been down South and despite the unseasonably warm weather, I can't wait to get out of the cold Northern winter for a few days. I can NOT believe how much the airlines dare to charge for flights to Alabama. I ended up booking a flight to Atlanta and renting a car all for almost $150 less than the flight itself to Alabama would have been. Crazy.

A friend is in town from Baltimore for the weekend; it will be nice to see her since I don't manage to get down there these days.

Oh, and in TV news - Grey's Anatomy had their final new episode on last night (that I half-watched, will watch with more attention later online) until the writer's get their butts back to work. More exciting television news is that my dad bought me the DVD of Season 4 of The Wire, which is set in Baltimore, but about a school system that reminds me very much of my internship. So despite the stupid writers, I have what to watch for a while.

Oh, and a shout out to our furry friend, Holy Hyrax, who just made my co-worker incredibly happy by offering his expertise of PDF's with me. Thanks!

That's it for now - have a great Shabbos and weekend!

5 Comments:

At January 11, 2008 2:03 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

:D

 
At January 12, 2008 6:27 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

ah, the hyrax is useful for something :)

 
At January 12, 2008 9:21 PM, Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

The Wire is a great show. If you want to catch up after season 4 I can lend you the first 3. I haven't yet seen 4. I wanted to, but was told that I had to see the first 3 to really get it. I'm sure it stands alone, but the character build up is meticulous and I'm sure adds.

 
At January 12, 2008 10:30 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Neil -
Maybe we can trade :)

 
At January 13, 2008 3:18 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Getting away from the NY cold is amazing! I am LOVING being in Florida right now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home