.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, January 03, 2008

End of an Era

My father just called and pointed me towards this article, discussing the "retirement" of Danny Siegel, who has run an amazing tzedakah organization for many, many years. He was a close friend of my father's and I have met him many times throughout my life. In addition, I have received the newsletter his organization distributes chronicling the disbursement of money to various recipients, all incredibly worthy causes. Reading through the newsletter has often caused tears to come to my eyes in appreciation of the amazing work that Danny has devoted his life to and the incredibly number of lives who he has improved based on his efforts. He is a true inspiration. Talk about making your life count.

1 Comments:

At January 04, 2008 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shoshana,

thanks for your kind words about danny and ziv. as one who co-authored several sections of the annual report, it is nice to hear.

if you want to 'stay in touch' with the goings on of danny and his kind of tzedakah work, feel free.

danny is at: www.dannysiegel.com

teezkee l'mitzvot

arnie draiman
philanthropic consultant
(and long time ziv tzedakah fund israel representative)
www.draimanconsulting.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home