.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Life Goes On

Sorry for the lack of posts. It's been a difficult time. I'm heading to Buffalo for my grandfather's funeral in a couple days, where while it is unfortunately for an unhappy occasion, it will be nice to see a lot of family that I don't often get to see.

A Mazel Tov goes out to my rarely-commenting friend who has been a reader of this blog for a while and who got engaged Sunday evening. Mazel Tov!

Honestly, not much else is going on. I'm on break from school and my internship, which is a nice respite. Work has been very slow, so it's been good to take a breather.

I've decided that although I'm not terribly fond of the hordes of tourists in NY this time of year, the holiday spirit has definitely descended and people have been much nicer. I've been making friends while waiting in line all over the place.

One nice story - I was on the bus on my way home tonight. It was way overcrowded and late, with people standing throughout the aisle. One man made sure that all the women on the bus had seats before he would allow the men to sit. He then went around wishing everyone "God Bless You." He stated very clearly that we are all brothers and sisters, religion doesn't matter. And I don't think he was drunk. I thought it was nice. Merry Christmas to all my non-Jewish readers!

1 Comments:

At December 26, 2007 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!
RCF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home