.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Creative Spelling

My co-worker liked to collect interesting and amusing names that he comes across. I just came across the following that made me pause for a moment - Champoux. I wonder whether this family actually has always spelled their name that way or if they just wanted to deny that they were named after the hair care product. Either way, I thought it was funny.

2 Comments:

At January 17, 2008 1:06 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

I never told you this one?

My dad is in the bank, and can't help but try and figure out how to pronounce the name of one of the people who work there. Finally, he asks her, "I'm sorry, but how do you pronounce your name?"

The young lady replies, "Why, it's Future!"

My father replied thank you and walked out. So what was giving him so much trouble?

The spelling: P-H-U-T-U-R.

 
At January 17, 2008 5:34 PM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

You gotta say it with the French accent though. Otherwise it's not funny :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home