.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I'm Still Alive

I've been MIA in blogging lately. I don't know if it's that I just don't have anything to share, or that I just am not in the mood to do so these days.

I took my huge exam last Friday. It was as I expected - extremely intense, I regurgitated a LOT of information (16 pages worth in 3-1/2 hours!) - but I'm pretty sure I managed to pass. From here on out, I have a couple projects to do, but it's just about smooth sailing towards graduation. Now I just have to find a job for next year.

I was extremely inspired by five of my friends who recently ran the Marathon/Half-Marathon in Miami in support of Chai Lifeline which does amazing work for children with cancer and other terminal illnesses. I have decided that I want to run the half-marathon next year, so I will start training when I graduate - anyone wanna join me?

I continue to be completely obsessed with The Wire, and bought myself Season 3 on DVD as a reward for completing my big exam. Check it out if you get the chance, it really is excellent. Oh, and word from SaraK, who is the authority on this stuff, is that Grey's Anatomy will be showing new episodes soon, for those of us still in withdrawal.

Not too much else going on. Work has been busy. I've been sick a couple times in the last few weeks, I think my body is tired of winter and the city and just begging for a break. The good news is that I have a trip scheduled to Alabama soon - hopefully it will be the reprieve I need.

That's all I got. Happy Wednesday to everyone!

2 Comments:

At February 06, 2008 2:38 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Awseome news about your exam and I can't believe your graduation day is really in view!

You will feel so good when you go to Alabama - I find that I don't realize how much I need to get out of NY until I leave. The break and the nicer weather will surely rejuvenate you. (although it is 60 degrees in the city today! a record breaker!)

 
At February 10, 2008 1:02 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

There is a certain amount of blog exhaustion that goes around at any given time.

Sounds ever so clinical, doesn't it. Basically we all go through it. Some decide to continue and others just hang up their keyboards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home