.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Blogging from Bama

I managed to get myself to Alabama for a weekend visit very late last night. I have decided that I HATE traveling. I don't know if it is flying out of New York airports that is the problem, or if it is everywhere, but between the airlines and whoever makes all the rules for them, it's not so much fun. Some of the highlights of my trip so far:

Being extremely proud of myself for packing so light that I only needed a carry-on suitcase and not even my backpack. Then being told when trying to board the plane that it was full and I had to check my suitcase anyway.

Getting boarded and ready to go for my flight on time. Then being told that air traffic control has decided that we can't take off for another hour and 15 minutes. But another plane wants to use our gate, so we pushed off, were no longer allowed to use any electronic devices and had to sit. And sit. And sit.

Having a very bumpy flight.

Having my cell phone slide out of my purse and almost to the rear of the plane without my knowledge, causing a huge panic when we land and I can't find my phone.

Good things that happened:

The very, very nice man sitting next to me getting down on the floor to search for my phone and offering to let me use his phone.

Another passenger who actually found my phone, and a third passenger who played matchmaker between the guy who found it and me, finally reuniting me with my phone. Phew.

My brand new GPS has now been named "Lance." He has a sexy British voice and tells me in no uncertain terms what he wants to do to me when we reach our destination. It's hilarious.

I missed the snow! I've been informed that there is white stuff all over in New York. Nope, not sad I'm missing it at all. It's in the 60's here and the break I needed from winter.

Sweet Home Alabama!

3 Comments:

At February 22, 2008 12:36 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

>He has a sexy British voice and tells me in no uncertain terms what he wants to do to me when we reach our destination.

Holding myself back... I won't say anything. :P

 
At February 22, 2008 1:10 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

There is like 6" here, first major snow of the season. You totally blew it, Shosh.

 
At February 23, 2008 5:27 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

i'ts not just NY airports... it's everywhere airports that are the problem these days. however, it's the best way to get places so we have to put up with the air safety rules or whatever.

lol @ 'Lance'
hyrax: are you thinking what i'm thinkinig? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home