.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Weekend Almost Over

It's been a long day. I woke up too early with the goal of buying a gift for my friend's wedding shower, going to the shower and then possibly going out to dinner with a friend. I hate wedding showers. I think they're dumb and boring.

I was overtired and had a headache at this point. And when I'm overtired I'm overly emotional (meaning, I cry like crazy). So I went to one store and couldn't find anything I wanted to give my friend, so I left in tears, feeling wholly inadequate, for all the reasons that had been building up. I drove to another store crying all the way, and managed to stop my crying by the time I got out of the car. By this time, I had decided that the shower wasn't worth my misery and that I wasn't going. I would just buy a gift and have it sent to my friend.

So I went in the mall, which wasn't quite open yet. I noticed that they had a Loemann's, which carries the type of clothing that I could wear to the upcoming weddings I have to attend. So I went shopping. And actually found a dress (this never happens, I am NOT good at finding fancy clothes). And it was cheap. Yay!

I headed home, and stopped at Target to buy a bunch of stuff I didn't need on the way (retail therapy does work). After getting home, I received a call from a friend who is moving soon - she wanted company while she packed. So I visited with her for a bit. Then I went to dinner with a bunch of friends at a really good Tex Mex place in Teaneck. Not only was the food good, one of the people who works there is now one of my Facebook friends. (We had a nice time.)

I finally came home and my neighbor stopped me to invite me for meals for Shavuos. I take anything negative I have said in the past about Passaic - I have had SO many people call me to invite me for meals for Shavuos (unfortunately, I'm not going to be here). It really is a nice community, it just takes some time.

All in all, I think I managed to turn my day around. Not bad.

3 Comments:

At May 21, 2007 10:14 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

I hate bridal showers, too. I think most people do, but most people make/attend them anyway. I do have a couple of friends who requested NOT to have one, though.

Retail therapy only works when you can find something worth buying, I've noticed. At least that's how it works for me.

B"H, I too have been blessed with many more invitations for Shavuot than I can count (or accept). It's a nice feeling, really. :)

And I have a friend who just moved to Passaic. I wonder if you'd know her?

 
At May 21, 2007 10:35 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

I might know her - if you want to e-mail me and let me know who she is, feel free. And if I don't know her, then maybe I can make a new friend :)

 
At May 21, 2007 12:34 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Congrats on the Loehmann's purchase! I love that store. I heard about that new restaurant in Teaneck, I have to get there and check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home