.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, May 18, 2007

Another Take

Hat-tip to the Princess for this one, a very honest and up front take on sex and Judaism. While I don't think the OU's new site is that bad and I think it's a good first step(though I do wonder where they got some of their facts), I think this chick should be writing for them - she doesn't mince words, and I think teens respect and need that. Check it out.

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2007 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought her article trite and misleading...She herself didnt actually deal with any of the sources on the OU site except to say:
The majority opinion says you shouldn’t have premarital sex, but the minority opinion says you can if you go to the mikva and lie to the mikva ladies

As for this alleged 'minority' opinion, She doesnt discuss or give any kind of halachic justification for relying on this opinion, which btw, she did not give any souces for. The whole article stuck me as shallow and unlearned.. Misleading people who dont know any better. Can one arbitrarily rely on 'minority' opinions in halacha? Is that any different than breaking halacha? If we relied on minorty opinions we could dissolve 3/4 of Judaism... that is, if this minority opinion actually exists and she didnt misread the whole thing.
Silly whimsy pompous article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home