.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Kosher Slurpees in Connecticut

The NY Times highlights the growing Orthodox community in Waterbury, Connecticut, where residents can now get, along with kosher slurpees, such delicacies as cholent and kishke, along with more cerebral sustenance like Talmud study as well. I've never been there, but the brochure looks nice (sorry, couldn't resist the Sheryl Crow reference). Additionally, the price tag on the homes there sounds quite a bit more affordable than anywhere in the immediate NYC metro area. And I imagine that people are nicer out there in smallville as well.

2 Comments:

At May 17, 2007 6:43 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

I have friends who live there and they love it, and I know the Rabbi mentioned in the article.

 
At May 19, 2007 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but Waterbury is known for its corrupt government.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home