.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, April 16, 2007

One Small Thought on Yom Hashoah

I missed most of the posting for Yom Hashoah due to my focus (or lack thereof) on my paper yesterday. This post from Jameel struck me when I saw it earlier though. In looking at the picture of the great synagogue, it struck me how Budapest must have been a place full of a rich, vibrant Jewish community. And now it's not. Because of hate. And it made me wonder what rich, vibrant Jewish community that is currently around, won't be in another 100 years.

2 Comments:

At April 16, 2007 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps its like evolution...one community begets another which begets another...not neccesarily in the same locale...but it lives on in spirit. The ansectors dont always neccesarily survive either but their DNA passes on in some form. SO perhaps our shuls will be giant parking lots for flying cars in 100 years....but somewhere, maybe in China, their new descendants will live on... just like we live on from those in europe and spain who lived on from those in babylon who lived on from those in ancient Israel...Thank God for evolution...

 
At April 17, 2007 1:24 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

And it made me wonder what rich, vibrant Jewish community that is currently around, won't be in another 100 years.

Then again maybe your prediction won't come true. Maybe we'll find a 100 new vibrant communities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home