.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Egyptian Dating

I'm watching the news (because my tape of Grey's Anatomy didn't work :( (actually, maybe it's not the news, I'm not really sure what I'm watching, it could be some newsmagazine) (what was that in my previous post about lack of focus?) and they are showing a feature on Egyptian dating rituals and about the fact that in their culture, sex is not discussed before marriage and therefore many couples go into marriage with very little sexual knowledge, which is really causing some problems. Sounds like they could use some kallah classes (classes for Orthodox Jewish women who are engaged to be married to teach them about the laws of "ritual purity" which includes a lot of information about sex).

2 Comments:

At April 13, 2007 10:57 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Grey's was just a clip show, not a new episode, and they are re-airing it tonight at 8.

 
At April 13, 2007 11:07 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

The truth is, from what I've heard, a lot of kallah classes don't prepare you too well for that aspect of marriage either, especially if the kallah teacher is yeshivish (and not at all if the teacher and kallah are chassidish).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home