.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Why I Call This the Call-Waiting Blog

I'm really trying to remind myself that we each are given what we need, what's best for us, despite what we may think. That, hopefully, I'll be able to look back and say, "Oh, right, that's why." If I look back at many things, I do see it. But there are those elusive moments and events and people that I just can't make sense of, at least not yet. Maybe in the future. Maybe not.

Completely unrelated (or maybe not), I'm having massive trouble focusing. I'm supposed to be studying. Obviously, I'm not. I was hiding out in the law school cafeteria and there was a guy there whose voice was driving me up the wall. Of course he kept talking. So I left. (I always feel like someone's going to kick me out of there anyway for not being a law student, like my guilty conscience holds a sign over my head pointing to me as not belonging there. But what can I do? It's the only place they sell kosher food.)

On the bright side, I've decided that at the close of the semester, my hair is going to be treated to professional highlights signifying both my being done with school for the year and the beginning of summer. If I make it there. I'm a little stressed out.

Ok, onto the next thing that my non-focusing brain decides. Later.

Edit - from PostSecret -
"Every single person has at least one secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion and tolerance in the world"

5 Comments:

At April 12, 2007 8:11 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Law school cafeteria is just a place to hang out. You're more than welcome to come by whenever you like! (There, that's my official law-student seal of approval! )

: ) Hope you post the pictures of your highlights!

 
At April 12, 2007 10:56 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Thanks Irina! If anyone gives me a hard time, I'll send them to you :) (And we'll see about the pic.)

 
At April 13, 2007 2:43 AM, Blogger Dan Balsamo said...

The perfect example of this are our mothers. They always say that "Mothers know best". So even if we want to do what we think is best for us, they still interfere. And yes, later on, you'll say, "Oh right, that's why."

And those people trying to drive you away, you should care less of them! You are not there for them, to begin with. So just mind your business and tell them to do the same thing. Less drama, no fight.

Mel Balsamo
JRomances.com

 
At April 13, 2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

Hey, a girl's gotta eat, right? What else are you supposed to do?

Good luck with focusing. I'd give you tips, but I'm on the slightly ADD side myself.

And regarding the PostSecret edit--absolutely true. Everyone is walking around with some secret locked away in their heart, rarely--if ever--to be revealed. And while some of those secrets would make a person shudder, many would probably make you cry.

 
At April 15, 2007 12:02 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Scraps -
There's an old story about trading your own burdens for someone else's and how most people would choose to stick with their own. The quote kinda reminds me of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home