.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Uninsured

Was just glancing over this article from the New York Magazine about the very high number of "young adults" who go uninsured, especially in New York, due to the high costs of insuring themselves and the lack of availability of insurance from many employers of the jobs people move to NY for. I had to go six months (I think) without insurance when I started my job, and it caused me a slight feeling of dread, just in case, though thankfully, I managed to stay healthy. But the thought of going without insurance for an unknown period of time, with no end in sight, is scary and dangerous and, unfortunately, probably something that many people can't really do anything about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home