.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Reflections

Just a few quick reflections from the first days of Pesach:

- My most recent reflection is that my mind is gone and my landlord is super-nice. I forgot to pay my rent before I left for Baltimore. I called my landlord to profusely apologize and he told me not to worry about it, to have a Chag Sameach, and to put the check in the mail when I got back. Way nice.

- I miss Baltimore. When I arrived at my hosts for the seder, where I have gone for the last five years, I was greeted with a welcome of "It wouldn't be Pesach without you here." It really touched me. It wouldn't be Pesach for me without being there.

- There are people in life who are super smart, super accomplished, and super confident. Some of them make me feel really inadequate and some of them don't. And I can't quite figure out the distinction.

- It's hard to fit everyone in when you're visiting for a few days, but I did my best.

- My friends kids are getting really big. But I like it because I can understand (most) of what they are saying now.

- I had a really hard time drinking all that wine this year. But...I usually can't sleep well after drinking and this time I didn't have a problem.

- I was sorry to leave Baltimore last night. But it was kinda nice to be back in my own place.

2 Comments:

At April 05, 2007 12:21 PM, Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Have you ever tried drinking kal wine (about 3% alcohol)? It realy makes it a lot easier to get through the seder.

 
At April 05, 2007 1:25 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

I drank the 3% wine and did fine. It felt like drinking grape juice. But by the 2nd seder I was just feeling yucky from all the matza & wine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home