.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

New Word

Or so I thought until I checked with Google. This Shabbos, I coined the term "Masculinism" in response to feminism. Apparently, Wikipedia has the whole "official" story, but basically, my Shabbos hosts and I (who sometimes actually read this blog and always seem quite amused by the whole blogging thing) decided that masculinism is for those men who desire to do the traditional work of women, such as cooking and clearing the table. I'm all for this new movement and think it should be put in place immediately. Anyone who wants to join me in promoting it is welcome to send me an e-mail and we'll have the press release available shortly.

5 Comments:

At April 14, 2007 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be fair then we should split it all up. So, frum girls should pay their half on dates [like thats EVER going to happen but at least offer once in a blue moon!]] and married women should take out the garbage.

Most important of all, y'all should leave the seat up at least half the time! Youre not the only ones with bladders.

yours
a masculinist in training

 
At April 14, 2007 11:58 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Anon -
Let me address each of your points.

- Paying for dates - I have offered numerous times, always to be turned down (often this occurs when out with males friends as well).

- Taking out the garbage - also something that I do regularly, mainly because there's no one else to do it. But I can't imagine it ending forever the minute I get a ring on my finger.

- Toilet seat - have to disagree on this one. It just looks better with the seat down.

(And, btw, I may need to come up with a new nickname for you if you keep up with all the comments ;)

 
At April 15, 2007 1:21 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

I always thought that was being a metrosexual...

 
At April 15, 2007 1:33 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
I've seen how much cooking and serving and cleaning you do - does that mean you're a metrosexual? ;)

 
At April 15, 2007 12:10 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Metrosexual has nothing to do with taking on "feminine" chores. I agree with you Shoshana about the toilet seat thing and taking on the trash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home