.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Let Down

What do you do when a friend lets you down? When you specifically tell a friend you are in need of their help, and even so, they are not there for you. You have a long history with this person, you know their strengths and weaknesses, and you care for them a lot. But they really let you down when you needed them?

Do you attempt to overlook it and move on? Do you hold them at a slight distance from now on, knowing that the hurt in your heart is there? Do you keep them as a friend but not depend on them any longer?

It's hard, because you don't want to let go, you love them, but they hurt you. I don't know how to continue...

4 Comments:

At February 12, 2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Really tough... try to figure out why they weren't there in this case first. Was something else going on? Could they just not deal with it? Are they sorry they couldn't be there for you?

If normally they're someone you can count on, I'd probably say keep them - just be a bit wary until you're sure you can count on them again.

 
At February 13, 2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
It's complicated, and I would rather not post all the details here. It's a friend of mine who I've known for a very long time. When I told her that I needed her help, she said she would be there for me, but when it actually came down to it, she was "busy." And I have not heard from her since, so I don't know if she feels bad or not. I am not sure whether to attempt to continue the friendship, but do feel it would be a shame to lose someone I have known for so long.

 
At February 13, 2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

I understand. It sounds like, from what you did write, that at least waiting to find out the whole story would help. Once you've done that, you'll probably have a better idea...

 
At February 13, 2006 11:51 PM, Blogger e-kvetcher said...

There are many levels of frienship. Sounds like this person just slipped down one rung. I wouldn't necessarily sever the relationship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home