.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

What Do You Know from a Blog?

I sometimes wonder how well you can know someone from their blog, or how well someone can feel they know me from reading mine. I think it depends on the blog - some do seem to be exceptionally raw and honest, a real personal diary. Others are based on certain issues and rarely permeate through to the individual's actual life - it is sometimes difficult to even ascertain whether the writer is male or female.

There are a lot of details I leave out of my blog, because I don't want to hurt others, because I don't think everything should be up for public consumption, because some things I just don't need others commenting on. I sometimes wonder if my readers get an accurate view of who I am from my writing, and if not (which I am certain is the case), what aspects the do see clearly and which they don't.

3 Comments:

At January 13, 2006 12:13 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Guess it's hard to tell until you meet. Were your perceptions of Ze'ev off? Vice versa? [Assuming you'd never met before.] Not having everything on your blog is no different that not advertising everything in real life. I'm not sure that it distorts the picture so much.

 
At January 13, 2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
It's a little different in a case like Ze'ev, because we had exchanged some e-mails and IM conversations. Had I known nothing about him, except for what is on his blog, I probably wouldn't have bothered meeting him! (And you would have to ask him about the vice versa.)

I am still not sure on this one...

 
At January 13, 2006 2:06 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

For sure, I was reading your blog when you were in Balt and to be honest it seemed boring, and I felt I couldnt relate to you.

Its only recently from our emails and IMs that I am getting to know and really like and admire you..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home