.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Changing and Growing

It's so interesting when you see a friend and how much they have grown. My friend who I am staying with in Israel has been gone the last year and a half, and while in some ways she is the same as I remember her, I see so many differences in her as well. She has gotten married and built a very different life for herself than what I would have expected.

But the biggest change in her I am actually seeing through other people's interactions with her. She is now the one people go to for help, that they depend upon. And she rises to the challenge.

I had a long talk with her about dating and relationships and while she didn't necessarily give me any revelations that I didn't already know, she did confirm a lot of things for me, and did make me feel better about some of the things I often feel.

Already, one of the most pleasant apsects of my trip that is a bit unexpected is this catching up with my friend. I look forward to more time together.

2 Comments:

At December 31, 2005 10:11 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

If you learn anything valuable and Im sure you will I look forward to hearing about it..

 
At January 09, 2006 2:02 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Semgirl -
I learned a lot. And I am sure I will be posting about it soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home