.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Incredible Hostess

I went to a family for Shabbos lunch today that I have been to a few times. The wife probably is the most sincere expositer of hachnosos orchim (welcoming guests) I have ever met in my life. She has called me several times since I moved here to invite me for meals, and when I called her this week to ask if I could come, she was so excited that I had called.

They don't have a ton of money, she works several jobs and they are fairly simple people. They have a decent sized house, but nothing fancy. She was saying today that the only thing in their house that she wished was better was that she wished they had a whole suite for guests to stay in. They do have a guest room, but she regrets the fact that they don't have a separate bathroom and that the guest room was on a separate floor than their bedroom, so that guests would have more privacy.

I don't know many who could honestly say the same thing. She is a very special woman.

3 Comments:

At January 23, 2006 3:34 AM, Blogger SemGirl said...

I'm very happy you met someone like that..

 
At January 23, 2006 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, very special. So nice you found them.

 
At January 23, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Semgirl and Sara -
Thank you, I am so glad to have found such a family also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home