.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Something to Remember

I have a friend who told me the following story.

She is single, and was having a hard time so she went to speak to a Rebbetzin that she respects very much. She spoke to this rebbetzin, telling her that she felt like she wasn't being a very good person, that she wasn't proud of her actions.

The rebbetzin looked at her and told her that being single is incredibly difficult and one of the hardest time periods in a person's life. She told my friend that because it is so hard, each and every day she should pat herself on the back and count all the things that she didn't do wrong.

I think I need to remember that.

3 Comments:

At November 05, 2005 11:17 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

What a great rebbetzin. They should all be so wise.

 
At November 05, 2005 11:51 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

I know. I wish I heard things like that more often, it would make me feel better, and probably a lot of other people as well.

 
At November 08, 2005 10:15 AM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Wow, that is so the opposite of the message I get constantly from my parents, and "well meaning" ppl in the community

 

Post a Comment

<< Home