.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Isn't It Ironic

Funny conversation with a student today:

Me - Is there a reason you have so many absences?
Student - I just really don't like school.
Me - Is there anything in particular about it you don't like?
Student - No. I just don't like it, I've always been this way.
Me - Well, have you thought about what you want to do when you get out of school?
Student - I want to be a teacher.

6 Comments:

At March 18, 2008 5:50 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

LOL!
Well, maybe she wants to make school a better experience for her own students.

 
At March 19, 2008 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh too funny, actually chortled when I read this.
-Renana

 
At March 21, 2008 1:47 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

whats the big deal. I want to be a taecher too.

 
At March 23, 2008 2:39 AM, Blogger Bas~Melech said...

[grinning]
That was great.
[/grinning]
This may help explain why there are so many dumb teachers running amok.

 
At March 27, 2008 2:35 AM, Blogger come running said...

One girl in my class who hated school and was kicked out of class just about every day ended up starting her own seminary.

 
At March 30, 2008 2:55 PM, Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

classic!

reminds me of the line from the dedication of the little prince - adults were all once children although most of them don't remember.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home