.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Close to Home

I've been obsessed with the show "The Wire" for a while, which was filmed and based in Baltimore. It's cool recognizing some of the places that are shown. But wow, did it hit close to home when I saw an scene that was filmed in the parking garage of the building I worked in. I was so close to my 15 minutes of fame :)

1 Comments:

At March 30, 2008 3:02 PM, Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

That show is profound. It speaks of the corruption implicit in power, of the ambiguity of all human personalities and histories, of the struggle for redemption that may come but not neatly. It is like watching real life; the background music is organic not forced (always playing in a car, or a diner, or no music at all just dogs barking or some other real noise). Sometimes I take in things about human nature that I feel many don't see - but the makers of this series get it.

This is all in no way meant to minimize how cool it is to see settings you know in a TV show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home