.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, June 04, 2007

Kiboko

Port Authority has a display case where they have a rotating art display. I'm often intrigued by it, but rarely as much as I was this morning. This morning, there was a display with a large number of painted masks in it. It actually reminded me very much of a summer arts camp that I attended growing up, where we spent a summer building way cool masks out of whatever we could find. It was a ton of fun.

Anyway, I took a closer look at this display in Port Authority and saw that it was part of a cultural exchange project between a high school here and a high school in Kenya, which I think is pretty cool. One mask stood out to me - one where the word "Shalom" was written prominently in Hebrew across the front. Cool.

The display at Port Authority included the address for this website, where many of the masks are featured. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home