.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Celebutante

I spent a lot of Shabbos reading the "Journal of Creativity in Mental Health." The subject matter in general really speaks to me as I am extremely interested and inspired to try a lot of the techniques that are described in the articles, because I think that using both creative techniques along with tapping into the creativity of those you are counseling can be extremely therapeutic.

One of the articles I read discussed the Generation Y (which I'm right on the cusp of) phenomenon of feeling like the "Superfluous Man" (or woman) as characterized in a Russian novel, which is a feeling often characterized by the desire for material accoutrements without putting in the requisite effort usually necessary to obtain them, which is modeled by the celebrity stylings of those such as Paris Hilton, and often leaving an empty shell of life, deplete of meaning. I definitely saw a lot of truth to that one. Very interesting read.

Make sure to check out my other blog, where I'm going to detail another of the articles that really struck me.

1 Comments:

At June 03, 2007 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great to me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home