.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Random

- I find it a bit ironic that, in the midst of 85+ degree heat, with my apartment not quite cooled off, I find myself with the song "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" stuck in my head and sliding from my lips. Though, I have to say, I feel for poor Rudolph. Those other reindeer were not so nice to him.

- I find my newly cleaned-out fridge sad. Because it's way empty. And I thought it was so full. Not quite sure what I've been eating. Though I am happy to report that the one section of it that is packed is the veggie compartment.

- I'm in the middle of reading "The Kite Runner." Wow. I was literally in tears on the bus today. (Kinda embarrassing, I know, but if you read it, you would know what I'm talking about.)

- Speaking of the bus, we took the weirdest route home this afternoon. We were hardly in the normal path at all. And guess what - it didn't save us time. At all. I got home much later than usual.

- It's summer! I'm finding myself to be a totally different person when I'm not in school. Though I miss the learning environment, I have to admit. Yep, nerd, I know.

3 Comments:

At May 30, 2007 10:21 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

I find myself with the song "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" stuck in my head
LOL

Cleaned out fridges are great! Don't be sad - it just looked full because it probably was a mish mash of old stuff that you couldn't eat anyway.

I heard the Kite Runner was good, but I didn't like The Book Thief, will I like Kite Runner?

 
At May 31, 2007 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

better a nerd than an empty shell

 
At May 31, 2007 8:44 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sara -
I haven't read the Book Thief, so I don't know. But it's fabulous.

Anon -
I agree. And it's ok, I've kinda embraced my nerd status anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home