.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Reality TV

I completely agree with this article that equates reality television with the incredibly disturbing Milgram experiments of the 1960's. I've always wondered about those who chose to advertise to the world that they are shallow and cutthroat for the reward of the most eligible bachelor or a sum of money. And I also wonder about those who find such debasing television shows entertaining. (Can you tell I'm not a big fan of reality television?) Anyway, check out the article, it's interesting.

3 Comments:

At May 30, 2007 2:59 PM, Blogger JT said...

Exhibit 38978 for why I believe TV is evil :)

 
At May 30, 2007 8:26 PM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

our current season of big brother has had some moments that would be just as, or even more, disturbing than those experiments. it's getting viewers because of the more manipulative things they do to the 'contestants'. it's bizarre.

 
At May 31, 2007 8:47 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

JT -
More evidence for ya.

Sarah -
I think it's so scary that people enjoy watching these shows and seeing everyone's misery so much. Way bizarre.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home