.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday Funay

It's been a nice day. I spent the day with a friend - we went shopping. Then we shopped some more. And a little more. Then we chilled out a bit (and she shopped in my closet), and I made us lunch. Then we went for a walk through the park, then off to dinner.

It was funny, we were talking about my feeling of inadequacy to be "put together." I just don't see myself as that type. She said she didn't get how I wasn't - she sees me as always having cute make-up and cute clothes and cute shoes and a bag. All of which I don't give myself credit for. It made me realize the huge difference in our perceptions of ourselves and the perceptions others have of us. I tend to be a bit self-critical and I think most people are gentler in judgment of me than I am. And I know I am harder on myself than I am on others, so it makes sense. But you don't really realize it until someone really point it out to you.

I'm biding my time right now - I'm picking a friend up at the airport in a little while. Trying to stay awake...good thing I have the day off tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At May 28, 2007 9:52 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Sounds like a fun day. It was beautiful weather.

I tend to be a bit self-critical and I think most people are gentler in judgment of me than I am. And I know I am harder on myself than I am on others, so it makes sense.

People tell me that ALL the time. Totally makes sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home