.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Video Learning

Interesting article about a (kinda) new method of teaching in schools - videos. These videos from our President's brother are hip and fun with lots of music and are dispersed with the facts that students need to know. Students love watching them and think they are cool. However, it seems to me that it's taking away the kid's potential for actually thinking about things and discussing them. And reading (though I do admit that textbooks are often way boring). While these video curricula are becoming popular, I don't think they are the answer - I think more active learning and teachers really engaging their students is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home