.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Fridays Off

So, very little actual work happened today, on my day off in which I'm supposed to be using for schoolwork, but which only seems to occur when I'm really stressing (which I probably should be right now, but I'm not). I spent the day baking for my friend's vort on Sunday, shopping for wedding clothes (oh, yeah, and some other stuff) and getting a pedicure (it's sandal time) with a friend who could easily be classified as a bad influence, but the truth is, our time spent together is almost mutual therapy for the both of us. I still have a crazy amount of schoolwork to do, and absolutely no motivation to even look at it, but my feet are sure pretty.

On a completely different note, Jack's post about dreaming made me think about my dreams. Two of my main, persistent dreams, are of 1) being an astronaut, and 2) being a neuropsychologist. I like telling people that I want to be an astronaut to see what their reaction will be. Some people dismiss me as just being silly, others can't quite figure out whether I'm kidding or not, and some ask me seriously whether I've tried to pursue it and/or give me their honest opinion about being an astronaut. I finally give in and admit that I know it's probably not going to happen (realistically, neither is being a neuropsychologist, though that one is more realistic than being an astronaut). Even though I know it's not going to happen, I still like to dream about it.

Anyway, have a good Shabbos!

4 Comments:

At April 27, 2007 5:56 PM, Blogger Sofia said...

Hey! found your blog at random and really enjoyed reading it. I'm from NY but living in austria for the year and still trying to figure out plans for next year...im with u in that whole "seeking friends, new ideas and hopefully the right one!" theory on life :]. I'm actually 1/2 jews by blood on my fathers side,i'm quite proud of it. Well anyways just wanted to say hi! keep blogging! feel free to check mine out.
Sofia

 
At April 29, 2007 2:46 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Being an astronaut would be pretty cool.

 
At April 29, 2007 8:32 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sofia -
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll check out your blog also.

Jack -
I know!!!

 
At April 30, 2007 9:50 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

What's unrealistic about being a neuropsych? Apply for a PhD; especially if you're willing to leave the tri-state area, you're bound to get in somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home