.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bullets

I have a few different thoughts at the moment and don't feel like doing different posts, so here goes:

- Today is Bring Your Kid to Work Day. I heard about it this morning on the bus when they were announcing that children ride free on the way to work with their parents today. I thought to myself how much fun that would be and how my co-workers should bring their kids in, but how unfortunately, I didn't hear about it in advance. Low and behold - we have an 11-year-old (I think that's how old he is) joining us today in honor of the occasion. I'm afraid he might get bored, but I was happy to see him here.

- I remember "bring your kid to work day" as not so exciting when I was growing up, mainly because my brothers and I were constantly at my parents' work. Almost every single day, in fact, especially since we moved to Alabama. Before that, we still were regular visitors, and when we were sick, my mom would take us with her, so it wasn't exactly a fun treat (except for the fact that she was a teacher and her students would often give me candy).

- My friend and I had to go pick something up in Hackensack yesterday. Neither of us had ever been there before. We printed out Mapquest directions and then decided that we knew the route better than Mapquest and we would figure it out for ourselves (without a map). Umm, right, so that didn't really work out. We started from scratch, trying to follow the printed directions and when that didn't really work out either, we followed my intuition (which usually is dysfunctional when it comes to directions) and we actually found the place we were looking for! Completely randomly, but it worked out. Yay us.

- Yesterday was a day punctuated by fire engines, which kinda freaked me out a bit. I woke up at 4 AM yesterday morning to loud trucks across the street. When I finally managed to drag myself out of bed to look out my window, I saw several large fire engines in front of the house across the street. They left very shortly afterwards; I still don't know what was going on. Then during lunch, I was walking towards the store and there were fire trucks all over the place, with people staring upwards. Don't know the story. And on my commute home, there was an overturned truck, surrounded by fire engines. I'm hoping it's not an omen of anything.

K, think that's all for now. Have a great day!

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2007 7:22 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

All the kids of the employees of our parent company who came to work today were on TV! How cool is that?

My Mom taught at the school that I went to so I went with her to work every day ;)

How freaky...I have sort of a similar story with fire engines. We planned a birthday dinner for a friend of mine last night at Hapisgah Restaurant. Friend and I were 1st to arrive. There are fire engines and hatzalah all over the place. An SUV had crashed into the restaurant! Thank G-d no one was hurt, but we had to relocate to Sushi Metsuyan for the party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home