.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Out of Supplies

I don't understand why my co-workers can't tell me when we are out of certain supplies, or when they use things that need to be ordered. I have begged and pleaded people to inform me when we are close to running out of something. I have asked people over and over to let me know so that there is no emergency when we completely have none left. But no. No one bothers. So where are we now? Without a copy machine, because there is no toner in ours. I'm tempted to not buy any for a week just to teach everyone a lesson. Except I feel like it wouldn't work. Sigh. Sorry for the vent.

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2007 12:55 PM, Blogger CatholicLady said...

I am right there with you on this one--I am the assistant manager of my dept, but because I feel like I need to watch our spending closely, I order all the supplies for us and I repeatedly ask everyone to just shoot me an e-mail when they take the "last" of something from the closet. No one can seem to do it. I, too, sigh.

 
At April 27, 2007 11:07 PM, Blogger ~~Silk said...

You get a cabinet with a lock on it. When new supplies arrive, you put one "order time" worth of each item in it, and put the rest out for use. Then when toner runs out, you open the cabinet, give out the reserved toner, and order more. You always know when the last of any item is used.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home