.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Sad News

I find it sad that New York City is happy about the "very encouraging new for [the] city" and "real progress" that is signified by the fact that the high school graduation rate increased from 47% to 50% in the past year. Yes, this is progress, I suppose and any little step is a good thing, but how on earth did it get to the point that the school system is failing to graduate a full half of their students? I will give them that education is an extremely difficult field and the fact that students are on so many levels and need so many different things makes it so hard to adequately teach everyone on their level, but I would hope that a city like NY should be able to boast more than half of their students being served in a reasonable way - not superbly, but at least well enough to get by. Sad.

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2007 10:56 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

I knew it was pretty bad... but didn't expect it to be THAT bad. Wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home