.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Dean at M.I.T. Lied

Marilee Jones, Dean of Admissions at M.I.T., just resigned after a long career, and upon her resignation, admitted that she completely made up her academic credentials. Wow. She didn't even have a Bachelor's degree. Which makes me wonder what good a degree actually is - did she do a worse job in her position due to the fact that she didn't have a degree? It doesn't sound like it. It is wrong that she lied, but she put in the hard work and moved her way up the ranks and I doubt that anyone affected by her during her career could say that the fact taht she wasn't formally educated had a detriment on their outcome. So is a degree really that important?

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2007 3:47 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

NOPE! (I'm biased.)

 
At April 29, 2007 8:30 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
Even though I have my degree, I don't think it means that much, depending on what field you are in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home