.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

NY Times

I've decided that it's time that I get acquainted with current events and try to keep up with the news. I've taken it upon myself to at least glance through the NY Times (online) each morning, in addition to reading blogs. Here are a couple articles that I found quite interesting:

"Dark Energy" - an article feeding my fascination with space about the composition of the universe.

An article about Terence Tao, a math genius, since I'm a math geek myself, though not in that league.

An article about naked parties on prestigious campuses.

And one from my rarely-commenting friend, an article about laughter and why we laugh even when the joke isn't so funny.

Happy reading!

3 Comments:

At March 13, 2007 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pray tell, what did you search for to find an article on naked parties?

 
At March 14, 2007 3:21 PM, Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I saw the article on laughter and found it fascinating. The main idea was that laughing ismore about social politics than about what we truly find funny.

 
At March 19, 2007 12:25 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Anon -
I wasn't searching for anything, I was browsing the education section of the paper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home