.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Lottery Dreams

My co-workers and I went in and bought a nice number of lottery tickets for tonight's $335 million drawing. So, of course, we've spent the morning discusses what we would do with such amounts of money. It's fun to think about, though honestly, beyond quitting my job so I could attend school full-time, I have no idea what I would do with that kind of money. I wouldn't really want to buy a house, because I don't know where I would want to live. My car is fine, though I suppose I could buy one a little nicer. I'm not into things so much, so I don't have any idea about what I would want, though I suppose I could use some furniture that isn't a hand-me-down or falling apart. I just don't understand how people manage to blow their lottery winnings- what do they buy?

2 Comments:

At March 06, 2007 10:48 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Not to dash your dreams, but the odds are something like 1 in 175 million.

You can always buy a house and then buy another one if you want to live somewhere else. Most people who win the lottery probably buy multiple homes and cars. I can find plenty to do with the $300+ million... :)

 
At March 06, 2007 3:01 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

After lump-sum and taxes, it's only like $80 million. I'll manage, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home