.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

LOTD

My rarely-commenting friend has offered up another LOTD, this time one that features my name! (I have quite a soft spot for songs with my name in them, so Purim is one of my favorite times of year.) I had never heard this song before (mainly because I'm not up on my Hebrew songs), but now I'm a fan - enjoy!

Erev Shel Shoshanim

Hebrew Lyrics
Erev shel shoshanim
Nitzeh na el habustan
Mor besamim ulevana
L'raglech miftan.

Chorus:
Layla yored le'at
Veru'ach shoshan noshvak
Havah elchash lach shir balat
Zemer shel ahava

Shachar homa yonah
Roshech ma'ale t'lalim
Pich el haboker shoshana
Ektefenu li.

Repeat Chorus


English Translation
Evening of roses
Let's go out to the grove
Myrrh, spices, and incense
Are a carpet to walk on.

Chorus:
The night comes slowly
A breeze of roses blows
Let me whisper a song to you quietly
A song of love.

At dawn, a dove is cooing
Your hair is filled with dew
Your lips to the morning are like a rose
I'll pick it for myself.

Repeat Chorus

1 Comments:

At March 08, 2007 2:38 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Cool, havent heard that one since I was a lil girl in camp..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home