.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, January 19, 2007

J-Blog Link of the Day

This one wasn't written today, but I think it's a good one to highlight anyway. The Brooklyn Wolf is an excellent writer with articulate and insightful reflections on some of the absurdities persistent in the world today. This post about the price of a groom in the Chareidi world has me reeling. There are so many things wrong with this that I am afraid to even begin my rant. But generally, I think the problem is that everyone described is selling him or herself for a price. And I would generally think that Torah would discourage that.

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2007 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link and the kind words. :)

The Wolf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home