.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Menorah Meme

Soccer Dad tagged me with the menorah meme. I know I'm a little bit late, but this is the first opportunity I had.

Here's my menorah on the final night of Chanukah:


The truth is, I don't have any great story about it. I've had it for a long time, I think it might have been a Bat Mitzvah gift. But some years I use it, some years I use others that I have (this was the one I could find this year).

I do, however, have special Shabbos candlesticks. And since the last night of Chanukah was also Shabbos this year, I took pics of those also.



The candlesticks in the front were a gift from my father for my 21st birthday, very shortly before I departed for a couple months in Israel. The pair in the back were a wedding gift to my great-grandmother. I would like to get them restored at some point, but I find them very special since they have been in the family and passed through several generations. And in general, I love looking at candles burning, so it makes my Shabbos very special to light them.

There ya go!

2 Comments:

At December 24, 2006 2:19 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

the menora looks so pretty with the coloured candles :)

candlesticks with a history are so much more special and meaningful.

 
At December 24, 2006 6:20 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Beautiful chanukiya (that is how they say it in Israel!) and gorgeous candlesticks! How special!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home