.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

What I Miss About the South

I was just talking to my mom and she reminded me why I miss the South. My brother was featured in the newspaper a week or so ago for being the scholar-athlete of the week. My mom was telling me that she has been given at least 20 copies, from friends and acquaintances, of the column. She then told me that her bank clerk, Donna, who has been around for years, even clipped out a copy and saved it for my mom.

Compare that with the "chick" who told me last Shabbos that if someone who was checking out her groceries tried to make conversation with her, she would get upset that she was wasting her time.

Hmmmm...

5 Comments:

At July 14, 2006 4:17 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Or the one who told an old neighbor, when she'd just gotten married and moved into an apartment, and introduced herself: "I already have enough friends. I don't need anymore." and walked away.

 
At July 14, 2006 8:53 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
People should be embarrassed. Oy.

 
At July 14, 2006 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been living up here for about 2 months and I still don't understand why cashiers do not greet me or say Thank You. And everyone looks at me funny when I say good morning to the bus driver.

Ezzie, I am shocked. What a disgrace.

Shabbat Shalom!

 
At July 14, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

NY stinks. In BP, whenever I say Good Shabbos even to girls, I get the hostile do I know you, look..

 
At July 16, 2006 8:49 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

sg -
It's very sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home