.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, July 31, 2006

GOTD (Gripe of the Day)

Due to the fact that (a) it's Monday, (b) I'm overtired, and (c) I've stressed out about my upcoming move, I've decided that it's pet peeve day. I'm going to keep a running tab of my pet peeves, to my readers misfortune. (Come on, I can have one day, can't I?)

#1 pet peeve of the morning is - why on earth can no one spell my name correctly? Yes, Shoshana is a slightly unusual name, but it's not that weird, it has no silent letters within it, and basically, it sounds the way it is spelled. And for those people who have a list of names with mine (corrected spelled) included on it (hint, hint, talking about my co-workers), what on earth could possibly be their excuse for spelling my name incorrectly? If they know how to say it, why do they leave out "H"s and put in extra "N"s?

#2 - people who can't think about anyone but themselves and what they want from everyone else. Who don't appreciate it when you do something nice, or don't even notice, but want to give you a hard time about every tiny little thing that you don't do.

#3 - my adult co-workers who act like they can't figure out the most basic things in the office and need to rely on me to do it.

#4 - UPS, who decided to "forget" my package on Friday so that I am still waiting today for it. Which I was really counting on. Not only that, they managed to not deliver my friend's package as well.

#5 - Our computer guy who can't find the time to answer my questions, yet does somehow manage to send me the bill for programs they ordered for us that don't work.

#6 - When I decide to engage in retail therapy in order to brighten my mood, go to one of my favorite stores, find several things I like, only to realize that it's the 9 days, and I can't buy anything.

#7 - I'm really, really hoping this is the "it can't get any worse gripe." My computer at work broke. Won't boot up. Nada. Dead. Am currently using my boss's computer since mine is dead. I would just go home except now I have to wait for our computer guy to get here to attempt to fix it. Is this day over yet?

Sorry, in a grouchy mood - can ya tell? (Check back next Monday, when I am done moving, I'll probably be a lot better then.)

2 Comments:

At July 31, 2006 4:17 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

I've had plenty days like that.. Cheer up, Shani.. Why dont you use your english name at work.

 
At July 31, 2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

sg -
I don't have an English name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home