.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Switching Roles

I feel like I've reversed roles with someone I know. I was talking to her the other night and she was saying how she rarely goes out with her friends anymore. How she likes staying home. It's funny, because for a long time going out with her friends was the most important thing to her - above anything else, including her family and children. And now that her children are gone, and her priorities have changed, she's kinda sad.

What's really weird is that I feel like I've changed places with her. My friends are extremely important to me. My life revolves around them. I never understood it, I thought my friend's priorities needed to be adjusted. But now I get it. It's not that I am necessarily neglecting other things - I don't have children at home to take care of, or a husband or a home. But I do put my friends above all else.

It's weird how these things kinda seem backwards - this person probably wishes that instead of before, now is the time that she wants to be with friends so much, since there isn't anything at home anymore. And I just wish I had understood it earlier.

2 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 12:45 PM, Blogger FrumWithQuestions said...

When you get married everything changes. I don't remember the last time I hung out with my friends. Even if I did hang out with my friends my wife would be there so it would not be the same because I know have someone who would yell at me if I act in a certain way.

 
At July 28, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

fwq -
I hope to still spend quality time with my friends once I am married.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home